If you can't say something nice, at least make it funny!

Thanks for visiting Tinfoil Magnolia, a blog about my life, times, marriage, friendships and all the strange things that happen to me and with me. I hope you find something here that will encourage you, inspire you or at the least entertain you. And if it doesn't today, check back tomorrow because, my life? honestly...

Friday, April 30

Oh, wait? There's an option for that?

Oprah, I love ya'. Really I do. I've hung with ya' since 1987, when Mom and I used to make s'mores every day and watch your show and lament the fact that we just moved to a new town and didn't have any friends. I've hung with ya' through hairstyles and weight loss and weight gain and marathons and more weight loss and weight gain again. I have read your books, eaten your diets, cried at your heroes, laughed at your friend Gale. But here is where I draw the line, Ms. Oprah Winfrey.
Now hear this: I am not signing the No Phone Zone pledge. I do not text when I am driving, except maybe at a stoplight or something, and while I agree about how dangerous that is I just don't think talking on my phone on a headset is any huge distraction. Certainly it isn't more dangerous than driving with 2 screaming kids in the back and a vcr blasting in your ear while trying to dig a pacifier and toys from the diaper bag propped precariously behind the passenger seat. The day they outlaw that, I'm with ya'. Until then, as far as my car being a No Phone Zone? They can have my cell phone when they pry it from my cold, dead hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment