If you can't say something nice, at least make it funny!

Thanks for visiting Tinfoil Magnolia, a blog about my life, times, marriage, friendships and all the strange things that happen to me and with me. I hope you find something here that will encourage you, inspire you or at the least entertain you. And if it doesn't today, check back tomorrow because, my life? honestly...

Tuesday, June 15

It's Not the Heat, It's the Humidity

So it has been about 2 months since the sudden revelation of what I call, for lack of a better term, my personal manifesto. I set out to put some things on paper, and structure my life so that I achieved both my short and long term goals. I did a super job of sticking to my daily schedule and meeting my deadlines. For about 7 weeks.

Last week that all came to a screeching halt. I do not know why. See, I have one of those minds. I don't think you'd call it one track, but when one thing steps out as an immediate, deadline priority I have trouble working on other things at the same time. I can't work on anything else until that one thing is completed, and my mind is just filled with thoughts and worry about said thing.

Well, something was obsessing me last week. Or I was obsessing about something, I guess would be the proper way to put it. They say it takes 30 days to make a new habit, but I am here to testify that it only takes 1 day to break it. I had a call to interview for a design job and I dropped everything to get my portfolio ready. Even when I tired of working on that stuff, I had to go sit and read or listen to music because I couldn't stop thinking about everything I needed to get done. This is not a good quality.

So, no writing, no walking, no exercising, and no blogging. For a week and now I am so far out of the habit it isn't even funny. So, I guess my training starts all over again. Here's to second chances.

On a personal note, it has been waaaay too hot here for me to even contemplate walking. The humidity is just as unbearable as I remembered it to be. The entire time I was in PA the people there kept telling me how "humid" it got there in the summer. The first couple summers I told them that I didn't think they knew what humid meant. After my fourth summer, I began thinking that maybe it really wasn't that much more humid in the south. Maybe my memory was exaggerating the true extent of the "wall of humidity". Maybe it really was "humid" in PA. Uhhh. No. It really isn't. Not. at. all.

No comments:

Post a Comment