If you can't say something nice, at least make it funny!

Thanks for visiting Tinfoil Magnolia, a blog about my life, times, marriage, friendships and all the strange things that happen to me and with me. I hope you find something here that will encourage you, inspire you or at the least entertain you. And if it doesn't today, check back tomorrow because, my life? honestly...

Sunday, June 23

Half a year

Five Minutes on a Sunday morning. With Jana's Thinking Place and Stream of Consciousness Sunday.



My thoughts are spinning this Sunday morning. So much has been going on this week. I find it harder and harder to keep up with it all.

This has been one hell of a month, actually hell of a year. I remember white knuckling it to finish out 2012 with hopes that this would be better. But no such luck.

Mom surgery, twice. Me surgery. Sis in law and mom in law surgery. Friend died. Friend diagnosed bi-polar. Friends divorced. Editor fired. I now have 2 jobs to do until further notice.

However, this year, for some reason, I feel that I've come into my own. Finally. Embraced who I am and what I stand for and embraced the fact that if people don't like that, they don't deserve to be my friend. I've met new people and forged friendships with them based on who and what I really, truly am.

2013 may go down in my history as a very complex year, or a very terrible year depending on how I choose to see it. Only time will tell.

5 comments:

  1. Despite the hectic moments of sadness, loss and frustration you've mentioned, I'm glad to see you feel you've come into who you want to be. :) Hugs as the year finds it's way to a new one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds that you have had quite a lot of deal with. You're like the song "What doesn't kill you makes you stronger." I'm having an emotional year myself. First one off to college last fall. Dad's death New Year's Eve. A 12 year old that became a raging teen hormonally overnight. Turning 50 in less than a month and hormonal issues of my own. I think your strategy of embracing who you are is what I need to do. Or at least try to embrace change. Not fight it. Keep going in that right direction.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, it has been quite a time. I usually find the years like this are the ones I look back at with incredulity. I despise it when people say trite things to me like, "Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger." I usually want to kick them or stop being their friends.

    I will tell you this: hang on. Continue taking one step after another. Plus, you are remarkable.

    Glad to visit from SOCSunday today!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your blog title. It makes total sense to me, because I'm a girl of the South, love gardening like Ouiser, but I'm not made of steel either.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks everyone for commenting! I appreciate the support and the advice.

    Life is never a straight line, it's all ups and downs and things even out in the end....

    ReplyDelete