If you can't say something nice, at least make it funny!

Thanks for visiting Tinfoil Magnolia, a blog about my life, times, marriage, friendships and all the strange things that happen to me and with me. I hope you find something here that will encourage you, inspire you or at the least entertain you. And if it doesn't today, check back tomorrow because, my life? honestly...

Friday, October 8

Had a Bad Day...

I am a bit grumpy today. That doesn't happen very often, but one thing that will trigger it every time is when I am overloaded. And right now I feel totally overwhelmed. I have a lot I have to get done, for both paying jobs and volunteer work. I have a lot I want to get done, for my business and my writing. And I have things I need to get done, like laundry and housework. Aargh, I am getting stressed just typing about it.

I am not the best multi-tasker in the world, which makes me wonder why I think I need to take on so much. I think my problem right now is that I work for myself, and I tend not to think of that as a "real" job. (And neither does anyone else.) So since I don't go to an office 8-5 every day, I think of my time as open. And I overschedule and overload myself. I also wonder why I am trying to get my design business up and running while simultaneously trying to get a jewelry business up and running and also wanting to complete the novel I began writing this spring. I wonder why I never have time to ride my scooter anymore and why I even own one. Or why it is October already and I haven't gone to the country or the pumpkin patch or an orchard on the beautiful weekend days. I wonder why it has to be such an effort to make a healthy home made dinner every night with foods that are acceptable on my very strict food plan. Which in turn makes me wonder why I even look for a "real" job when I need more hours in the day as it is.  And there it is, the shortness of breath. The anxiety. The worry.

Oh, well, just a little private Friday pity party. To top it all off I found out that my 82-year-old dad is having surgery next week due to a blockage (probably 90%) in his colon. Which could be dangerous due to the fact that he a) is 82 and b) has a heart condition. So tonight I told my hubby to go on with friends to the football game tonight and let me stay home to wallow in my misery. Tomorrow will be better and I am going to get out from behind this desk all day and enjoy life, give myself a little kick in the rear, and get back to a rational, sane, healthy diet. (After tomorrow I am done with the restricted diet until January!!) By Sunday, my attitude will be much better. Tonight, however, is made for sulking.

No comments:

Post a Comment