If you can't say something nice, at least make it funny!

Thanks for visiting Tinfoil Magnolia, a blog about my life, times, marriage, friendships and all the strange things that happen to me and with me. I hope you find something here that will encourage you, inspire you or at the least entertain you. And if it doesn't today, check back tomorrow because, my life? honestly...

Saturday, October 23

These Thoughts Inside


(Forgive me for posting my horrible poetry this week. This has been rattling around in my head for a while now. I have committed it to paper in many different versions. It just seemed to fit the prompt and I thought I would give it a try. Writing poetry in exactly 100 words is even more difficult than I realized.)


Today's post is my entry into this week's 100 Word Challengehosted by Velvet Verbosity. The 100 Word Challenge is an exercise in which we write exactly 100 words in response to the weekly prompt word. Click the link to read the other entries–good stuff over there! 
This week's prompt was "within"


Unsocial, egocentric,
degrading and mad.
In lightning quick flashes
they enter my head.
Worshipful, wanting,
and lasting all day
they stumble around there
then fly far away.

All of my thoughts–
whether petty and small
or delusions of grandeur,
of having it all.
These thoughts live within me,
they'll wane and they'll waiver.
A few I push away,
but others I savor

in the mental equivalent
of self-flagellation.
They're the very embodyment
of bad behavior.
Sugar and spice.
Loving but hateful.
Thoughtful and spiteful
and everything nice.

Feel guilt, feel pride,
superior and snide
Only I know these thoughts inside.

5 comments:

  1. I know that feeling of having words inside you that just want to come out. Love this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love it! Not horrible potry at all. Thanks for sharing your many thots.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Why, Lance....how you do go on.....

    ReplyDelete
  4. My friend calls these "thought monkeys". They are nasty little creatures that need a good de-lousing, a hot bath, and to be put to bed without dinner.

    Kudos to you for putting your poetry out there, and for doing it in 100 words which always leaves me with a slack jaw.

    ReplyDelete