If you can't say something nice, at least make it funny!

Thanks for visiting Tinfoil Magnolia, a blog about my life, times, marriage, friendships and all the strange things that happen to me and with me. I hope you find something here that will encourage you, inspire you or at the least entertain you. And if it doesn't today, check back tomorrow because, my life? honestly...

Friday, December 10

About Us

Today's post is my entry into this week's 100 Word Challengehosted by Velvet Verbosity. The 100 Word Challenge is an exercise in which we write exactly 100 words in response to the weekly prompt word. Click the link to read the other entries–good stuff over there! 
This week's prompt was "wild"

I am a daughter,  
a wife, 
a friend, 
and artist.
A former wild girl

now confined by love
to a 16 year marriage
to the boy I met 
at thirteen,
married 
at twenty seven,
almost lost 
at thirty two.

Sometimes, alone,
I get lost 
in thoughts
of what could have been, 
what still may be.
But this, I know:

Alone we are unsure,
unsteady,
and claustrophobic.

English and math,
positive and negative.
Alone we are one.

But together 
we are so much more
than two.
Strong and balanced.
Fearless and
unstoppable. 

Impossible 
and improbable.
Ourselves, improved.
Together, we are us.

9 comments:

  1. confined or refined?

    Thank you showing your heart. I like it a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like this - very sweet/tender/reflective thoughts. Thanks for sharing. (and I understand the usage of "confined" - please don't change the word)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i should have put a sarcasm tag after my comment. Confined is perfect. So am I. well done, Tin.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awwww...

    Lance, Watch-it.. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you, guys and gal.

    I absolutely mean confined.

    Lance, my husband can tell you I have definitely NOT been refined by this marriage. Hee!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This was a lovely tribute to a love of a lifetime.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So many romantic posts this week. I particularly love this one. What a wonderful declaration of love. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very warm and touching. I like your 100 words.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's true, I hardly expected so much romance with a prompt like "wild", but just look at what happened! You never know where these prompts will lead, and that's the delicious joy of this whole thing, isn't it?

    Relationships are strange beasts that take on a life all their own, sometimes seemingly without our say. It takes grace to ride the various moods of "relationship", but I know this. Those who do manage to make it with grace seem all the more fulfilled.

    ReplyDelete