If you can't say something nice, at least make it funny!

Thanks for visiting Tinfoil Magnolia, a blog about my life, times, marriage, friendships and all the strange things that happen to me and with me. I hope you find something here that will encourage you, inspire you or at the least entertain you. And if it doesn't today, check back tomorrow because, my life? honestly...

Tuesday, September 21

Your Love is Like a Red, Red Rose

Thanks to Judy over at Zebra Sounds, I found this beautiful piece of poetry. Check her out, she always posts a Five on Friday with the most interesting things that I never would have found on my own.


The poetry is from the mind of WordsWorthInc, which I was visiting for the first time, but I am sure I will be back another day. I am in awe about how ordinarily he captured extraordinary love. Please take a look at his site. Good stuff.


I rarely wax poetic about my beloved hubby and our relationship. I am just not into mushy, gushy sayings and love poems. I am not a "thine eyes are like a starry night..." kinda gal. I feel like we show each other our love every day in our actions, words and touches. 


But this verse below? It is the perfect sentiment for how I feel about him.


Verse: Song



there are

many songs

i sing

but yours

is the only one

I know by heart

and i sing it

always

every day

softly

when you

are here

and loudly

when you

are gone

to fill

the space

without you

everything i love

in this world

is contained in

that song.



3 comments:

  1. lucky girl or is it lucky dude?

    nice, Marsha

    btw, new post here: http://writingonsteroids.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lance, I am lucky he puts up with my shenanigans. Thanks for the link, I will check it out in the morning.

    ReplyDelete