If you can't say something nice, at least make it funny!

Thanks for visiting Tinfoil Magnolia, a blog about my life, times, marriage, friendships and all the strange things that happen to me and with me. I hope you find something here that will encourage you, inspire you or at the least entertain you. And if it doesn't today, check back tomorrow because, my life? honestly...

Tuesday, July 20

In Which I Recieve the Versatile Blogger Award.

Huge thanks to my friend and cousin Lori over at DeepDarkWeightLoss for nominating me for the Versatile Blogger Award!!!! This is a first award for my blog, and the second award I personally have received this year...2010 is good to me! You like me! You REALLY like me!



The rules are:
1. Thank the person who gave you the award.
2. Share seven things about yourself.
3. Nominate fifteen newly discovered blogs. (I am stopping at 8. Just because I can.)
4. Let your nominees know about the award.
So...

7 Things You May Not Know About Ms. Marsha:

1.  I have a degree in graphic design. I love all things typography and design!
2.  I am child free by choice and can't imagine any other life for me. (and no, your screaming wild ass kid isn't adorable or         irresistible to me, especially in a public place)
3.  I have been sleeping with the same man for over 16 years. We also happen to be married.
4.  The words most often used to describe me are "sweet" and "nice" but if people could hear what I think, I would probably be considered anti-social and possibly a psychopath.
5.  I was raised as a Christian but left the church over 15 years ago. I consider myself a skeptic, agnostic, freethinker, possibly a deist, but most of all I feel that following without questioning is just plain dangerous. 
6.  I suffered from clinical depression for over 2 years before getting treatment through talk therapy and medication. (I had the most wonderful therapist EVER!!! too bad I had to leave her behind in PA.)
7.  I own and ride a Honda Elite 250 scooter with a basket on the back and a pink helmet. Best therapy-EVAH!

My Awards To Newly Discovered Blogs(to me anyway)

1.  That's When I Learned... (our friend Amy Dee is hysterical)
2.   Mais Faica (More for Me)
3.   Zebra Sounds
4.   The Big Dump Truck
5.   The Novel Girls  (currently on hiatus but I love their format)
6.   Life of Petey
7.   The Laughing Bat
8.   Stephanie Snowe: the Blog (been around a while, but I just discovered it and hey, she's all kindsa awesome)

There must be more, but I am stopping at 8!





3 comments: