If you can't say something nice, at least make it funny!

Thanks for visiting Tinfoil Magnolia, a blog about my life, times, marriage, friendships and all the strange things that happen to me and with me. I hope you find something here that will encourage you, inspire you or at the least entertain you. And if it doesn't today, check back tomorrow because, my life? honestly...

Saturday, April 30

Unrelenting






Today's post is my entry into this week's 100 Word Challenge hosted by Velvet Verbosity. The 100 Word Challenge is an exercise in which we write exactly 100 words in response to the weekly prompt word. Click the link to read the other entries–good stuff over there! 




This week's prompt was "bathed". 


“How do you like your eggs?” he asked, smiling at her sleepy face. The kitchen was bathed in sunlight and she squinted up at the window, wide and high off the ground. 

“What time is it?” she queried, dodging a kiss and moving toward the coffee pot. He wrapped his arms around her waist pulling her toward him and kissing the back of her head. 

“Don't worry about the time.” he whispered in her ear, holding her close. “We have all day.”

“Well maybe you do,” she said, straining against his firm embrace,“but I have things to do today.”



7 comments:

  1. comforting and positive

    good job, Tin

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to hear more of this story...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nothing worse than when two people are out of sync. It's sad, but it always seems so unnecessary, as if there is just one little thing that is out of balance and just the right tweak would bring everything back into alignment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much guys! And Velvet I totally agree.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A lovely picture of a moment in time. It made me ask questions like, why has he time & she's in a hurry? Is there a problem with the relationship that he doesn't know about?
    I always think a story should leave the reader wanting more - this one did.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had a 'so sad for him' moment. I think VV had it, these two are out of sync. There's a lot here, just under the surface.

    ReplyDelete