If you can't say something nice, at least make it funny!

Thanks for visiting Tinfoil Magnolia, a blog about my life, times, marriage, friendships and all the strange things that happen to me and with me. I hope you find something here that will encourage you, inspire you or at the least entertain you. And if it doesn't today, check back tomorrow because, my life? honestly...

Sunday, January 16

Reconciliation




Today's post is my entry into this week's 100 Word Challengehosted by Velvet Verbosity. The 100 Word Challenge is an exercise in which we write exactly 100 words in response to the weekly prompt word. Click the link to read the other entries–good stuff over there! 
Special thanks to Velvet for choosing my post as her pick of the week last week!
This week's prompt was "invincible". 

We were young and thought we were invincible. Nothing could touch us. For six years we led a charmed life, really. Until that hot July day.

You never know what you might do when someone you love is suddenly gone from your life. I forgot how much I depended on him, how much we depended on each other. I hadn't realized that he'd become the first person I turned to whether I was happy or angry. Now he lay there in a coma, fighting for his life while I was faced with the thought of being a widow at thirty-three.

8 comments:

  1. Marsha - if this is autobiographical I am truly sorry.

    If it is not - it is a piece that makes one think it is and I congratulate you on its raw power.

    thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ditto Barbara - I can feel the pain in my chest . . .

    ReplyDelete
  3. So powerful. Like the others I hope this isn't autobiographical.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you everyone! It is a chapter of my life on which I have blogged previously. Hubby made it and is OK, but I am just now to the point where I can even consider writing about it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job capturing the emotion of a very real trial that you survived. Thanks for sharing in this forum.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow. After reading your comment I have a new respect for this entry. Glad he came through.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sometimes the little things remind us we aren't invincible, and other times, we're smacked right in the face with it.

    Great transition between paragraphs. Intense emotion in 100 little words. Thanks for letting us read this.

    ReplyDelete