If you can't say something nice, at least make it funny!

Thanks for visiting Tinfoil Magnolia, a blog about my life, times, marriage, friendships and all the strange things that happen to me and with me. I hope you find something here that will encourage you, inspire you or at the least entertain you. And if it doesn't today, check back tomorrow because, my life? honestly...

Sunday, November 14

Home-Redux

Today's post is a second entry into this week's 100 Word Challengehosted by Velvet Verbosity. The 100 Word Challenge is an exercise in which we write exactly 100 words in response to the weekly prompt word. Click the link to read the other entries–good stuff over there! This week's prompt was "pleasure".

Last night I dreamed you were making love to me.
We were there, under a large oak tree,
you lay beside me, breathing. 

Then, wrapping your arms around my waist
you whispered sweetly into my ear.
We didn’t seem to care who saw,
who we were, or who we are.

Now, as I rise and walk to the shower
I feel you with me, the pleasure through me.
Feel your hands, like the roots of that oak tree,
spread over my body.

See your eyes like the bluest skies
lying about the reality
of why we are here.
now. 
together.

2 comments:

  1. whoa! nicely done - lots of emotional "stuff" in here. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. As always, impressed with 100 word poetry. And I do think, my dear, despite your protestations, you are finding your poetry legs. I hope you'll be exploring that more.

    ReplyDelete