If you can't say something nice, at least make it funny!

Thanks for visiting Tinfoil Magnolia, a blog about my life, times, marriage, friendships and all the strange things that happen to me and with me. I hope you find something here that will encourage you, inspire you or at the least entertain you. And if it doesn't today, check back tomorrow because, my life? honestly...

Friday, February 11

Girls Do It Too



Today's post is my entry into this week's 100 Word Challengehosted by Velvet Verbosity. The 100 Word Challenge is an exercise in which we write exactly 100 words in response to the weekly prompt word. Click the link to read the other entries–good stuff over there! 
This week's prompt was "engages"

“He makes me feel so alive!” Andrea said, struggling to accurately express her feelings.  “He just completely engages me with his words, his voice, his body.” 


She knew she was wasting her time and energy in the obsessive pursuit of this man, but couldn't stand admitting it to her friends. Finally she just  shrugged, “I'm just amazed at the breadth of his knowledge and the stamina of his intellect,” she said, hoping to achieve a sophisticated tone.

“Yeah, his intellect. ” said Janie, rolling her eyes and making air quotes to titters of laughter.

“Seriously?”

Sarah giggled, “... breadth of his knowledge...”.

7 comments:

  1. Seems to be on several of our minds, huh? Haha! Good one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! Must be the time of year! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. love this - brought a smile to my face - love girl talk time. NEVER gets old. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, ladies! It makes me laugh every time, but I am wierd that way. Thank goodness there's no recorder running when I have GNO with my gals!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Girls, too, huh? If I'd only known when I was a lad ...

    ReplyDelete
  6. "..breadth of his knowledge..'' I haven't heard it termed that before. Bwahaha! This was funny.

    ReplyDelete