If you can't say something nice, at least make it funny!

Thanks for visiting Tinfoil Magnolia, a blog about my life, times, marriage, friendships and all the strange things that happen to me and with me. I hope you find something here that will encourage you, inspire you or at the least entertain you. And if it doesn't today, check back tomorrow because, my life? honestly...

Wednesday, May 19

C'mon Down

Money is tight for us right now and I, of course, use laughter to deal with the stress. I was telling Hubs that I saw the most brilliant idea for a business in a nearby college town. The "Wash & Tan"–a laundromat with tanning beds. Now, I am not a tanning bed person at. all. I am perfectly happy with my bonny Irish skin, but I know how girls do like to get their tan on. To me this business is one of the most brilliant combos I ever have seen. Think about it, college girls (and guys) can tan and launder at the same time? "Beyond original," I thought "they must do quite a business!" While I was revelling in this idea, days later, hubby burst my bubble by telling me there is already such a business in our hometown. This one, however, has upped the ante a bit by adding a car wash with the original laundromat/tanning bed combo. Even more brilliant!


I, of course, felt challenged to think of a better combo. Every time we drive through town we talk about some of the funny combination businesses that you see in small towns. Like the pawn shop/chicken shack or the check cashing/pawn shop/church that we pass by every day. The best, and most concerning are the fireworks/gas station combos. Who on earth thought this one up? And how is it legal? Oh, and there's also the Subway/gas station/church combo although I am not sure if they are all together or merely share a building. But I digress.


We came up with what I think is a brilliant idea for our small, religious, pageant queen raisin' Southern town. A church/tanning bed combo, which would be billed as follows:


The Greater Church of God's Goodness Repent 'N Tan


Pastor Skip on duty 24-7 to hear your sins and offer you
5-15 minutes in the bed of your choice– #1-5 or the all new, super-hot #666 (El Diablo)


60 minute packages available for confession, tanning, or the deluxe combo package at 10% off. 


Remember:
We sell Bibles, Rosary beads in wood or faux crystal (for our Catholic neighbors) as well as a full line of Hawaiian Tropic Tanning products.


and...
"We accept all competitors coupons"


Visa/MasterCard always accepted, but of course cash is preferred–just drop it  in the collection plates by the door.


Well, OK, maybe not. I suppose it wouldn't be that good for me seeing as I am unaffiliated, religiously speaking and I don't tan either. But, it is still better than my idea for a "dance" club catering to men with a fetish for the big girls with a pie shop next door. Hmmm...or is it?

2 comments:

  1. My favorite combo (although they just shared the building) was the pet grooming salon/ church. I figure there was no pet grooming going on when church was meeting in the other half of the building, but I always wondered if the building still smelled faintly of wet dog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is great! I can only imagine. I just love seeing things like that.

    ReplyDelete